Nowadays, all businesses must have a presence on social media platforms, but more importantly – they need to fill it with engaging content. Before businesses even realised, UGC (user-generated content – basically any content created by customers) has become an instrument that’s proved as valuable as an effective marketing campaign.
In many cases, it actually leads the marketing campaign to success. On Instagram – aesthetically pleasing content with the help of hashtags, YouTube – with informative or entertaining videos. Twitter and Facebook, which demands reactive, on-topic brand chat. All of these platforms help shape the brand image and speak to their audience on a mass scale. One survey showed that 85 percent of users see UGC as more influential than the brand’s content, however only 65 percent of businesses believe the same. But why is it so important for brands to keep an eye on user generated content?
- Trustworthy. Another consumer’s opinion is much more trustworthy and reliable, than if a promotion was run by the brand. There’s nothing better than having a strong recommendation of your product from an actual customer.
- Endless. Customers create countless streams of content that brands can use.
- Authentic and honest, being produced by real people and feels like your friend.
- Influencers with positive reviews offer huge potential to reach new audiences.
- UGC videos make up the largest category of all videos uploaded to YouTube daily and once they’ve been viewed, they have a 34% chance of being shared.
- Viral and shareable. UGC goes viral easily due to social shares.
Most consumers now look for UGC to help them buy. Why? People trust people more than just brands. By letting your customers tell your brand’s story through their own content, you’ll be reaching a far bigger audience than you could by yourself.
Lobster believes that UGC becomes a brand staple, so be smart and start to use powerful, compelling and trustworthy content now!