To make smartphone picture-taking more fun for everyone, Lobster is announcing a series of challenges for Instagram and Flickr users around the world.
Challenge – is a competition between users on a given subject with a cash prize for the winner. A challenge also attracts a number of buyers among press and bloggers, so those who do not win, will still have a chance to earnour standard income of $0.75 (minus PayPal commissions) per each purchase.
Mission – is a call for photographs of breaking news events in order to help spur coverage by journalists, bloggers and media . There is no prize in a mission, but all photographs purchased will generate its author our standard income of $0.75 (minus PayPal commissions) per each purchase.
Rules for Challenges:
- Each challenge lasts 7 days, from its kickoff. Regular challenges are announced on Fridays and last until the following Friday. Challenges can also appear spontaneously when there is a special cause, so follow us on Twitter and Facebook and stay tuned to our website for any updates.
- To participate in a challenge, please post a minimum of 10 photos with the #ilobsterit tag and the respective challenge tags, e.g. #christmas_tree, #christmastree etc. Feel free to add your own tags if you thinkthey will make your photos easier to find for potential buyers, butremember:stick to the theme! Don’t forget to authorize your Instagram and Flickr accounts on the profile page, so that your photos are featured on Lobster marketplace.
- Once the challenge closes at midnight on the Saturday following its kick-off, we will select the winner on the basis of the following criteria:
– number of photos posted with the challenge tags
– quality of photos as defined by our experts and based on relevance, sharpness, composition, originality
– number of times your photos have been purchased, so please don’t forget to promote your creations to potential buyers via social networks
- The winner gets a $50 prize deposited into his/her PayPal account connected to Lobster!
Rules for Missions:
– Follow our Twitter, blog posts and Instagram to receive updates on breaking news and calls-for-action from around the world. We will include the necessary #hashtags in the announcement. If you are an eyewitness to a breaking event, post your images to Instagram or Flickr with the #ilobsterit hashtag and respective news tags e.g. #hurricane.
– Track the news in your region and let us know if you see something by posting to Instagram or Flickr with #ilobsterit, #breakingnews and respective news hashtags, e.g. #protests.
– Don’t forget to authorize your Instagram and Flickr accounts on the profile page, so that your photos are featured at Lobster’s digital marketplace.
– You may let others know they can access your #breakingnews photo at Lobster by mentioning it in your own Twitter feed and by sharing it on Facebook etc, enabling more people around the world to write about the event. You will get the marketplace’s standard $0.75 (minus PayPal commissions) per every purchase.